So you’ve read all about us, why not visit us?
Our beautiful practice sits in its own grounds and has a large free car park exclusively for our patients' use. We welcome enquiries from new patients, who can contact us by telephone on 01579 342348, email at email@example.com, by filling in our simple form, or in person. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you are experiencing problems don't leave it until it becomes urgent, contact the practice immediately.
We reserve time every day to see patients who need emergency care. In order to ensure that you are seen without delay we would ask you to contact us as early as possible in the day; preferably before 9.30am.
Outside of normal surgery hours we are pleased to provide an emergency service to cover weekends and holidays. Please contact the dentist-on-call by phoning the practice on 01579 342348 before 12 noon for a same day appointment. An answer-phone message will provide you with details.
This service is for registered Independent and Smile Plan patients of the practice and the charge is £265.00 plus the normal charge for any treatment provided.
Our practice is wheelchair friendly as there are no steps in and we have wider opening doors and a disabled toilet. We also have a ground floor surgery, which is perfect for wheelchair users or those with mobility difficulties.
Appointment policy and guidelines
At The Smile Centre dental practice in Liskeard, Cornwall we will endeavour to manage our appointment system to avoid delays in dental and hygiene appointment times and minimise loss of dental surgery time through cancellations and failed appointments.
The Smile Centre team will:
- Communicate with patients in a courteous, friendly, professional manner.
- Make sure that patients receive full information about our services, their treatment and its cost.
- Provide advice and treatment outside normal surgery hours where necessary.
- Refer patients for further professional advice and treatment where appropriate.
- Ensure that patients should have to wait no longer than 15 minutes to be seen. Where there is a further delay we will explain the reasons.
- Remind patients of their appointment by phone, email or text (as preferred).
- Monitor our waiting times for (i) treatment and (ii) for booking appointments.
- Provide as much notice as possible when appointments have to be changed or cancelled and explain the reasons.
- Advise patients if there is a change of dentist.
- Advise patients of the appropriate recall interval.
We encourage you to:
- Participate in your dental treatment, particularly any advice about prevention and diet that we have asked you to continue at home.
- Arrive on time for your appointment. Please give the practice at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to keep your appointment. We may charge for missed appointments where we have not been notified.
- Advise us of any changes to your contact details (address, telephone numbers, email) to help us keep our records up to date and ensure that we are able to contact you.
Feedback and complaints
We welcome constructive feedback and are always looking for ways to improve, so please let us know what you think of our service. You can do this by either speaking to our Practice Manager on 01579 342348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints will be handled by our Complaints Manager, Kerry Newton-Marsh – full details of our complaints procedure can be found here.
How to find us
From Plymouth travelling on the A38 Westbound
Take the exit signposted Liskeard. At the first roundabout take the second exit, keep to the right-hand lane and you will cross the bridge over the dual carriageway to a second roundabout.
At the second roundabout take the first exit sign posted Liskeard Town Centre. Travel for approximately half a mile until you reach a pedestrian crossing set of traffic lights and turn left (before the Lord Eliot Hotel) into Church Street North.
Follow the road for 200 yards, the Barley Sheaf pub should be on your right. The Smile Centre is next door to the Barley Sheaf pub. We are the large cream building, set behind the wall in its own grounds with free car parking facilities.
From the A38 Eastbound
Stay on the Liskeard bypass and take the second exit for Liskeard (Island shop) which is in fact sign posted Callington and Tavistock. At the end of the slip road there is a roundabout, take the first exit.
At the second roundabout (opposite Morrisons) take the first exit signposted Liskeard. At the third roundabout take the second exit signposted Liskeard Town Centre. Then follow the directions above.